Saturday, November 8, 2014

Gecko Awards 2014

Hello to you all. It's been a while since I last posted and I was unsure if I would again anytime soon. Then it hit me that one of my more popular (by that I mean positive feedback rather than number of views) posts was the initial one recognising those who I viewed as contributing to the Global Early Childhood and Kinder (Osmosis) community as well as inspiring me personally and professionally.
 
 
This is the third instalment of the Gecko Awards. For those of you who missed the first two posts I listed a number of individuals many in the profession would be familiar with regardless of your location as most of them are recognised globally for what they do. I could have done likewise this time around, but I figured there was something even more worthwhile I could do.

Something I've become more aware of recently is to acknowledge our own strengths and achievements as a profession we are too quick to look at what's wrong rather than what's right. So here it is. The recipients of this year's Males in Early Childhood GECKO Awards are....drum roll please........................

All of you! That's right, every single one of you, regardless of whether you read this or not. If you do read this tell a friend. Hell, tell all the people you know in the Early Years profession. You all deserve it as you all do a great job of inspiring each other. You're wonderful at making a difference in children's lives. You are you and that's what counts. So everyone can consider themselves a GECKO recipient and check out the list of past winners in the previous two award posts and you'll see you are in some damn fine company.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Greg, feeling humbled here in Ireland. Right back at you

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's one for each of you, not one for you all as a collective. And completely deserved by the way :)

    ReplyDelete