Sunday, March 4, 2012

Pay it Forward


YAY! We received our special package from Kierna Corr and her class in Northern Ireland as part of the Pay it Forward initiative that has been doing the rounds of the blogosphere. We were excited to find a book, which we were eager to read during group time.


There was also a packet of Irish wildflower seeds which we will be planting in the near future, a calendar depicting picturesque settings around Northern Ireland, some maps to show us exactly where they are and a wonderful new friend - Finnegan, King of the Leprechauns.




I left all these items out afterwards, including the packaging, for the children to explore them more closely.


This was a wonderful experience on so many levels for the children. We will be revisiting and exploring them further from now on. Thank you Kierna for such wonderful and thoughtful gifts.







Now it is my turn to share the love. So I am calling for anyone interested in receiving a surprise package from Greg's group of children in NSW, Australia then please let me know in the comments section below this post. I will be choosing 3 names out of a hat to determine who will be the recipients. You have until April 27th to let me know if you are interested. I'll be drawing the names then.


14 comments:

  1. Brilliant photos Greg - so glad it went down so well. Kierna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our class would LOVE this! We'd like to pay it forward!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're in. On April 27 I'll be drawing three lucky recipients out of a hat. Good luck.

      Delete
  3. Our Program here in North Carolina, US would love a package! Ashley Parks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you have a blog or facebook page Ashley? The idea of this is for each recipient to pass the kindness on to three other lucky groups. The blog or page advertises it so you're not just sending them to friends or acquaintances. It's a great way to connect with others around the world by way of kindness. It's probably better if you don't know them, but are aware of who they are.

      Delete
  4. What a great idea, I love it. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you have a blog or facebook page Tanya? If so I'll add you to the list.

      Delete
  5. Hi, Greg! My preschool class in northern California would love being part of the Pay It Forward project. Since I've been blogging I've been showing them on the globe where some of the other teachers I've met have their classrooms. Would love to make it even more real for them!! It's Ms. Barbara from For the Children.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Consider yourself in. The draw will take place on Apriil 27.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love to play and I am also doing this on my blog ( http://mymommyisawesome.blogspot.com/2012/03/pay-it-foward.html )Visit me an play with us too!I am from Puerto Rico and I homeschool my 3 children, including a preschooler.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ooooh - what a cool idea! It looked like your kids were engrossed in their surprise package. I know that my kindergarten kids (we are on the west coast of Canada) would love to be part of this. Please add us to your list.

    sandi
    rubber boots and elf shoes

    ReplyDelete