Tuesday, February 7, 2012

More Male ECE Bloggers

A little while back I posted about some great men out there blogging on behalf of young children. It wasn't a very comprehensive list, but they were the ones I was aware of at the time. Since then however, I have had the lovely ladies at Irresistible Ideas for Play Based Learning share a host of male ECE bloggers on their facebook page.
I thought it was my duty to share those sites with you here, although most of you would most likely have already seen them of the IIFPBL page. Still, the title of this blog would almost demand the list appear here as well. So here they are. In no particular order, the other males in Early Childhood Education doing a great job in the blogosphere.



Marc Armitage: Marc Armitage
Brian Hopkins: Hopkins' Hoppin' Happenings
Jeff Johnson: Explorations Early Learning
Matt Halpin: Look At My Happy Rainbow!
Noah Kenneally: The People Garden
Alec Duncan: Child's Play Music
Alistair Bryce-Clegg: ABC Does
Tom Hobson: Teacher Tom
Rusty Keeler: Earth Play Network
Scott Wiley: Brick By Brick
Scott also contributes to the collaborative blog: PreKandKSharing
Tom Bedard: Sand and Water Tables
Mr Shrek: Identity Crisis? No, I'm a Male Nursery Teacher!
Marc Faulder: personal blog Enabling Environments and class blog Class 1JD
Sergio Pascucci: Crayons, Wands and Building Blocks
@ko: @ko (an anonymous blog)
Enrique Hank Feldman: Evolved Learning, Fame Foundation and Hank Feldman
Enrique also contributes to the collaborative blog: PreKandKSharing
Mr Forest Schools: Mr Forest Schools (Don't know his actual name)
Matthew Gomez: My Hullabaloo
Bill Corbett: Cooperative Kids
Bill also contributes to the collaborative blog: PreKandKSharing
Juan Philipe Cortes: Meaning Matters
Dan Hodgins: Former Child
Eric VanRaepenbusch: Happy Birthday Author
Julian Grenier: Inside the Secret Garden
Adam Buckingham: Turning Trash Into Treasure (sadly Adam passed away last year, but I will keep his blog here in recognition of what he did)
Neil Sinclair: Commando Dad (A dad trained to be a child minder)
Dan Pearce: Single Dad Laughing (Technically a dad, but never say 'just')
Nick Petten: Nick Petten (Researcher, Practicioner and Social Commentator)
Richard Cohen: Mindspring
Tony Kee: Childcare Surfboat Crossfit Dad

Jason Triggs: Tales From a Male Early Childhood Educator
Adrian Merrick: The Dude's-Eye View

What an amazing group of guys. Who realised there were 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 other male EC bloggers out there? And I'm sure there are more. What we need is for these inspirational guys to do what governments and decision makers the world over haven't been able to; encourage more men to enter the Early Childhood Education and Care field.

For my part I want it on record that this is by far the best job I've ever had and that barely a day goes by when I don't feel respected and loved by the children I work with. I understand the pay isn't as good as other jobs on offer, but most people who work for the money don't enjoy it which lowers their quality of life. My income may be relatively small compared to other professional men, but I have wealth they will never know.


If any of you are aware of other men out there blogging on behalf of the Early Childhood profession, perhaps fatherhood, or even education in general why not let us know. We should pool our resources and connect with each other.

13 comments:

  1. I can't believe I left two very important guys out of the equation.

    Mr Shrek: Identity Crisis? No, I'm a Male Nursery Teacher
    http://mr-shrek.blogspot.com.au/

    tomsensory: Sand and Water Tables
    http://tomsensori.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. How about meee! Jose Michael Victa or Mike Victa
      ECE with Cert III and on-going study as Stage 3 Diploma of Children Services (Due to graduate this November)

      Delete
  3. Just added Marc and Sergio too. This list keeps growing. I'm guessing this post will remain a living document as I keep adding names as I discover or am informed of other blokes out there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the shout-out, Greg. I know of another male blogger on that side of the world from NZ. He is pretty political. He just wrote about being male in our profession. Here is his link: http://akoanarchy.blogspot.com/2012/01/men-in-early-childhood-education-again.html
    Tom

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Tom, have added him too. I had also forgotten about him. I wonder how many others I have been aware of, but since let slip from my conscious thought.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for including me Greg. I agree with you tenfold. I always said teaching was the best job in the world, but the little ones are in a league of their own....definitely, hands-down, the BEST job in the world!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're most welcome Sergio. It's great to discover so many other guys in the field.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How could I forget Enrique with his 3 websites?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kierna from Learning For Life just informed me of another male blogger, Mr Forest Schools. I have now included him on the list.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks so much for compiling this list - it's really useful so I'm going to add a link to it from my blogroll index to here.

    ReplyDelete