Monday, January 9, 2012

The Move from Toddlers to Preschoolers


Last year when I began this blog I was the leader of the toddler room of my centre. I shared quite a few experiences, which I feel demonstrated the high expectations I had of them and the belief I have that their experiences should be meaningful. The same goes for the preschool room where I find myself  this year.


I have plenty of ideas for this year. Some of them will come to fruition while others will manifest themselves in other ways. It will mostly depend on what the children want. One thing I can promise is that I have more excursions planned for this year. My toddlers didn't venture out last year and the preschoolers had a single visit to the library. I want the children in my care to experience their local community and what it beholds. Afterall, they are part of it & it's a part of them.


We will be taking a ride on the train as the station pictured above is within sight of our centre. Look out for a post about that in the future.

Anyway, I'm all geared up for my year in preschool.




4 comments:

  1. And a great year it should be Greg!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Greg, what fun!!! I can't wait to share your adventures! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's going to be a fun year for all of us Ayn, especially in the Garden.

    ReplyDelete