Sunday, December 4, 2011

Movember Comes to an End


To mark the end of Movember I deccided to colour my moustache orange before heading into work. The children were faascinated by my new & unusual appearance. This lead to some face painting with the following results.




Checking out the handiwork in the mirror. We like our new looks.

Check out our bunch of 80's secret agents.

This was a load of fun, but it was also an opportunity to include the children in celebrating something that is inportant to me. One of the great benefits to emerge from this experience was that many of the parents asked about why there was paint on their children's faces I explained the reason behind it, leading to more awareness of Movember & its purposes among our community.

I am thankful to those who donated to this cause, whether via my efforts or through someone else. Either way prostate cancer & men's mental health have more funds for research & that's a damn good thing!


2 comments:

  1. Amen to that Greg! And how cute do those little mo's look! hee hee hee
    Donna :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Donna. It feels good when we can make a difference to more lives than just those young ones in our care. Hopefully these children will grow up with a sense of social responsibity & that I have played some part in them developing that.

    ReplyDelete