Monday, September 5, 2011

Some Buddies for My Babushkas

Part of my Father's Day was going to the local monthly markets at Maitland: with my wife & son. While there I came across a stall selling these quaint little hand crafted plush figurines. They called them Babushkas, but they are thinking of renaming them Eskimo Dolls. Anyway, I just had to buy a couple to go with my existing Babushka set which I already had at work for the children to explore with. Today during rest time I set up a table with 2 halves - one being dinosaurs & the other my dolls, both plush & wooden. here are the results.




It's nothing special, but I think they make a lovely addition & they kept the young ones who don't sleep quietly entertained for most of rest time, well over an hour.

5 comments:

  1. Please don't say it's nothing special Greg!! Your children loved it and THAT makes it VERY special.
    Donna :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you like them Donna? The pink & blue plushies on the sides of the table? I fell instantly in love with them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I think the Babushka dolls are great ... especially the "plushies"!
    Donna :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonder why they are thinking of calling them "Eskimo" dolls? Hmmmm...either way, they are great! What a wonderful addition to your play area! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's the frills bordering their faces Ayn. They think they look like they're wearing hoods over their heads. Besides, they don't 'nest' in each other as actual Babushkas do.
    Thanks for the kind words. :)

    ReplyDelete