Tuesday, August 2, 2011

It's Good to be Back

Just a short post to share with you my experience of walking back into my toddler room after 2 weeks off.

No sooner did I walk into the room than I had almost all of the children calling out my name enthusiastically before running up & giving me one almighty group hug. I was almost knocked to the floor with love.

Later in the day I sat down & they all helped tell me about all the things they had done while I was away. It was so empowering for them to take charge of the experience. The children remained enthusiastic & committed to telling me all of their adventures for what seemed like an eternity, but was actually about 20 minutes.

They obviously missed me, but still had a ball. Good for them & good for me. :)

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm ... I think I kind of miss that a little bit.
    Donna :) :)

    ReplyDelete