Monday, July 25, 2011

Thanks Dad!

A national photo competition is currently underway asking for people to submit photos of dads, grandfathers, uncles & other significant males spending positive time with their children.

This simple idea conveys an important message - that men play an integral part in children's lives, often without them even realising that what they are doing is impacting positively on the lives of children. While the focus is on male family members, the opportunity to extend this to other male influences such as teachers, coaches, bus drivers, posties, etc, exists.
An example of my spending quality time with my children was when my daughter & I attended the midnight premiere of the final Harry Potter movie dressed up as Hagrid & Hermione. I'll leave you to work out who's who.

1 comment: